1 butternut squash
1 large onion, chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
5 cloves garlic, pressed
1/4 cup butter
butter pieces for roasting
1 tsp organic wildflower honey, optional
- Wash the outside of the butternut squash and cut it in half lengthwise.
- Lay the halves cut side up on a baking sheet and generously sprinkle with salt, pepper, rosemary and cold butter pieces.
- Bake at 375 degrees C for 1 hour, or until the flesh gives way to pressing. When it is finished, remove it from the oven and set aside.
- Put 1/4 cup of butter in a large pot and melt it on medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and stir fry till the onion is soft.
- Add the carrot and fill to the top of the vegetable line in the pot with filtered water. Cook over medium heat until the carrots are soft, approximately 30 minutes.
- Either with an immersion blender or a counter top blender, blend the soup until it is consistent. Taste the soup and add salt, pepper, or rosemary if desired.
- You may also add a tsp of wildflower honey if you wish, however has a touch of sweetness naturally from the carrot.