1/2 lb to 1 lb thawed salmon fillet (depending on the amount of cheese topping you prefer)
1/3 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup finely diced onion
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup shredded or grated fresh parmesan cheese
2 tsp mustard
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
Dash freshly ground salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Celsius.
- Keeping it nice and simple – combine all ingredients above.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place salmon fillet skin down on the foil.
- Spoon cheese mixture over the top of the salmon.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until salmon is cooked through and the cheese is bubbling and flecked with golden brown.
- Let the salmon site for a couple minutes to let the cheese mixture set up, then take a spatula and run it under the salmon just above the foil and you can separate it from most of the skin which sticks to the foil.